Monday, May 10, 2010

Rayner's Reflection About His First 5 Months in SST!

Hi, I'm Rayner of class S1-09.

My first 5 months in SST were filled with many ups and downs, I had loads of adventures with my friends. And I enjoyed most of the activities. Some of the activities were very dry and quite boring. Others were fun and I didn't want to stop doing it.

The 1st week was awkward as I didn't knew any of them. The Camp was fun but exhausting and I didn't quite like the camp instructor(Rio). He was very very very bossy and thought that he had so much power and could make us sleep in the mud(there was a night trail and it was thick with vegetation, he said that if we wouldn't follow instructions he would make us sleep there). First of all, if we got lost they will be killed by the students parents, so he wouldn't have done it at all.

The 2nd week we had our first real lessons. It was tough getting my engine started again after the long holidays. But I managed to pull it of and was getting into a study rhythm. There was also a Badge Ceremony and the whole class put in a lot of effort and time into it and we also had a lot of fun setting up the room. It was an enjoyable experience.

The rest of term 1 was quite normal. We chose our CCA(I chose soccer), we had some tests and we also had fun as well! =D



The first week or term 2 was unexpected. The school held this event called 'Leap Week'. The whole school went out of the school compound on outings and places like the Red Dot museum and the Singapore Science Center. We attended many workshops. Most were fun while some were a bit dry... Overall it was a good learning experience.

The Common test was stressful for me as I was very nervous before taking the exam. The Chinese and English paper was very very very difficult for me, they are my worst two subjects after all. The Science paper was quite challenging. The maths... THE MATHS PAPER!!! I almost had no time to finish it! I had only about 10-30s left for both papers when I finished it.

The whole of term 2 was a different experience from term 1 altogether. We had our NAPFA test(which I only did halfway due to injury), we also had our Track and Field Meet which Black house came second(I'm the Black house captain), though I didn't went to as I had a cramp in my left calf and cost me my ability to walk to school that day.



This is a very very very brief summary of my very interesting and enjoyable first 5 months in SST! =D

Rayner Tan
Vice-Chairman
21

No comments:

Post a Comment